March 4th, 2013
|09:47 am - A few statements about popular culture that I believe are true|
1. Downton Abbey may have been watchable in its first season or so but degenerated into mindless Aristocrat porn long ago.
2. “Top Chef” is anticlimactic year after year. Still fun to watch, but the announcement of the winner is beside the point.
3. There is really nothing one can say about this interview with Chris Brown about CRASS.
4. There has not been a punk song with as much intelligent bitterness as “Lubbock or Leave It” since “Lubbock or Leave It" was recorded.
5. Points 3 and 4 above might be evidence that punk really is dead this time. Or is just a slightly more lively equivalent of rockabilly or the Society of Creative Anachronisms.
I'm so for the Texas influence in your pop cultural observations.
Heh. You can thank Laurie Lynn for that.
Honestly, I feel too old to understand whether this is a hoax or not.
I didn't realize someone had already proclaimed that Chris Brown killed punk. Heh. I will say the quotes about being the only black kid in his town listening to punk are very similar to things real Black punks said in "Afro-punk". I don't know if that's evidence for or against.
|Date:||March 4th, 2013 11:35 pm (UTC)|| |
after a bit of googling
big boi is really a libertarian. he did an interview with huffington post about it. also, the pic with the crass shirt seems to be real. not sure about the interview. i hate gavin mcinnes.
i could read crap like this all day for some reason. especially when i have papers to grade!
A+ for "mindless Aristocrat porn." I intentionally only refer to that show as Downtown Abbey.
I mean, whatever you are into, you know?
Hey, that's a good track and good lyrics. Me going to download me some Dixie Chicks...
That whole album is pretty great. Especially in the context of what had happened to them the year before.